To receive a Marriage License:
- Applicants must appear together, in person, at the Probate Court between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm on Monday thru Friday, except for legal holidays listed in the general information and complete the marriage license application. Applicants may download this form and bring it with them. (Marriage License Application)
- Ohio residents must obtain their license in the county of their residence. At least one of the applicants must be a resident of Clermont County and the marriage must be performed in the State of Ohio.
- Out of State residents must obtain their license in the Ohio County where the marriage ceremony will be performed. If both applicants are from another state but wish to be married in Clermont County, they must obtain their license in Clermont County.
- A photo ID is required for each applicant. typically applicants use their Driver's license, State ID, Passport or other Immigration and Naturalization Service ID.
- If either applicant is under the age of 18, you should contact the Court for further information.
- If either applicant has been married previously and divorced, the most recent file stamped copy or certified copy of the final divorce decree or dissolution is required.
- If a spouse is deceased, a copy of the death record is required.
- The cost of the license is $50.00. CASH ONLY, no checks or credit cards. The license will be valid on the same day that it is issued and must be used within 60 days of the date that it is issued.
- There is no blood or other tests required.
- Providing the applicants comply with the above requirements the license will be issued on the same day as the application.