Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Court located?

Clermont County Juvenile Court is located at 2340 Clermont Center Drive, Batavia, OH  45103.  From I-275, take Exit 63 toward Batavia.  Proceed approximately 7 miles on St. Rt. 32 and turn left on Bauer Road.  Turn right on Clermont Center Drive and the courthouse is the first brick building on the left.

What are the hours of operation?

The Court is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. except for Legal Holidays. Window is closed for lunch from 11:45-12:45.

What forms of payment does the Court accept?

We accept cash, personal check, money order, credit or debit card (convenience fees will apply to any credit or debit transaction).  For your convenience, there is an ATM machine located in our lobby.

Does the Court have forms for my use?

Our forms are available on our forms website and also at the courthouse.

What are the filing fees and court costs?

A list of our fees may be accessed on our fees/costs website.  Payment is expected at the time of filing or the date costs are ordered.  Payment arrangements for court costs may be made with our cashier.

Can I obtain a copy of my court order or review my file?

Yes with a valid picture I.D.

Can the Clerk’s Office give me legal advice?

The Clerk’s Office cannot give you legal advice or interpret your court order.  For legal advice, you must consult an attorney.  If you need assistance in obtaining an attorney, please contact the Lawyer Referral Service through the Clermont County Bar Association at (513) 732-2050.

Can I write or talk to the Judge or Magistrate?

This type of communication is considered ex parte.  All communication must be done in a court hearing with all parties present.

Why do I need to notify an absent parent or unknown parent of a pending court proceeding or hearing?

It is required by Ohio Law and by the Rules of Juvenile Procedure.

Will the Court provide addresses of other parties in my case?

The Court will not provide addresses.  It is your responsibility to provide a current address for all parties in your case.

What do I do if I need a continuance?

To request a continuance, you must file a Motion for Continuance 7 days prior to your court hearing.  You will be notified if your motion has been granted or denied.

Do I need to appear for a court hearing?

If you are a juvenile, you must appear with a parent or guardian.  For civil matters,, it is important for you to appear or decisions/judgments may be made without your input.

Is my juvenile record automatically sealed at the age of 18?

No.  You must file a motion to have your record sealed.  If you are under the age of 18, you must wait 6 months after any court order is concluded i.e. the date you are released from community control.  If you are age 18, there is no waiting period although all court orders must be completed.

What should I wear to Court?

When coming to Court, you should dress appropriately.  Shoes and shirts are required.  Do not wear any of the following:

What can I do if I believe a court order is being violated?

You can file a Motion for Contempt of Parenting Issues or a Motion for Contempt of Support Issues if you feel a court order is being violated.

How can I change a court order?

Court orders may be changed only by the issuance of another Court order.  You must file a motion to change an existing court order..